Giving Opportunity through Education and Scholarships
The Mountain View Chamber of Commerce created the Education Foundation to help support student and adult education through scholarships and leadership development programs.
Our programs are dedicated to people who live and work in Mountain View.
Our flagships programs are:
Each year, the MVCOC Education Foundation presents scholarships, ranging from $3,000 - $5,000 to encourage, recognize and assist Mountain View resident high school seniors.
Here is how you can qualify for a SMV Scholarship:
- Mountain View, CA resident
- Senior attending one of our local high schools
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5
- Service: Applicant participates in projects and activities outside the realm of work and formal education or shows a willingness to serve his or her school, friends, family or community
- Goals & Objectives: Applicant demonstrates that they are developing a sense of purpose in their present life, as well as for the future by setting goals and objectives focused on a career path
- Financial Need: While not a major factor, financial need is considered in deciding between two equally qualified applicants
LMV is designed to connect Mountain View community members, develop their leadership skills, and inspire them to be active and informed community leaders.
LMV is for you if you live or work in Mountain View and want to:
- Expand your professional network
- Enhance your leadership style
- Activate your passion to serve
Monthly Program Days are on Fridays and run from September through May
Our Leadership Mountain View program started in 1990 and has nearly 700 alumni. Our graduates have found ways to serve their community through civic, corporate and community leadership roles including: Mayors, City Council members, CEOs, Vice Presidents, Executive Directors and Community advocates and activists
The Mountain View Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide education and scholarship opportunities through our partnership with the following associate programs:
I Love Mountain View (IloveMV)
I Love Mountain View is the virtual Visitor Center for the city of Mountain View. Our ILoveMV writer is committed to educating the community and visitors to our community about all that Mountain View has to offer. Learn about what is happening and what to do in Mountain View by visiting ILoveMV.org
Mountain View Working Scholars (MVWS) in coordination with Study.com
Study.com's Mountain View Working Scholars provides anyone who lives or works in Mountain View the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree in business for little or no cost. The Mountain View Chamber of Commerce Education Foundation is the custodian of the MVWS scholarships. (Learn More) Apply Here
We are pleased to partner with a variety of organizations that share our passion for giving opportunity through education and scholarships. Read below for more information on how:
- Living and working in Mountain View enriches your life
- You have access to a Bachelor's degree for free
- The Mountain View community builds compassion, appreciates everyone's contributions and celebrates diversity
We Are Mountain View: We are America | Compassion, Contribution, Celebration
We live and work in Mountain View. We come from all over the globe - some have been here for may generations; some are newcomers. We work in a multitude of professions. We represent the broad spectrum of economics, ages, races, gender identities, orientations, religions, abilities; all living a unique experience with unique perspectives.
We value diversity and see it as integral to the fabric of our community. In our work to bring our community together to explore and articulate what makes one of the most diverse cities in the world a great place to live and work, we will:
- Build compassion for one another
- Show appreciation for the contributions of all of our neighbors
- Take time to reflect on our diversity through celebration
Together, we will build the bonds that unite us, share our stories, increase understanding and celebrate what makes Mountain View special and work towards a shared vision for a diverse and just community.